Wednesday, April 28, 2010

April 25--Georgia Renaissance Festival





I remember when I was little, we lived in Wisconsin and my dad was on the volunteer rescue squad. Each year the rescue squad would set up a first aid booth at the Renaissance Festival and family would get to go for free. Most of the time we hung out at the first aid booth helping people, but we would also walk around too. So now that I have my own kids I figured it was time to take them to their first renaissance festival. The kids didn't really know what to expect. I wanted to bring old halloween costumes that we owned, but they didn't want to wear them. Once we were there though I think Jordan wished she'd have worn the outfit. There were alot of people who were dressed up. Jordan ended up buying elf ears for $20.00 and Brandon a knife. The kids liked the jousting the best. This may not be something we do every year, but it sure was a nice walk down memory lane for me.


No comments: